Senior Regional Sales Manager
Spirent is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager in the Raleigh/Durham area to drive new business and grow market share in Strategic Cisco Account. Your proven experience in relationship management and demonstrated history of success in developing territories and business will make this the ideal job opportunity!
Spirent is its employees. Finding the flexible path to help you realize your passion and ambition is central to our success as a global leader in test and measurement. At Spirent we work together to find the right route to develop your skills and experience, nurturing your curious spirit to find new solutions for our customers and extend your own knowledge. We help you push the boundaries in a culture that gives you the freedom to innovate. Working at the frontiers of next generation technologies opens up new opportunities all the time. And of course life outside work changes too. So we make sure your career path flexes to keep you going in the right direction and at the right speed. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Why Spirent.... Because together we can shape tomorrow
Spirent offers unique career opportunities where you can set your innovative spirit free. Our customers look to us to provide services and products that are at the forefront of the telecom industry. We are large enough to provide a wide-range of opportunities, but small enough for you to make an impact.
Spirent is its people and when you join Spirent, you will work alongside some of the best subject matter experts in the industry. Success is important to us and so is having a work/life balance. We believe that you should be able to pursue your career aspirations in an innovative and creative environment, as well as explore your personal passions. At Spirent, we want you to love your work and your life too!
- Develop and maintain strategic working relationships with different Business units in Cisco.
- Established network with key Cisco executives and ability to leverage on this network for strategic deals.
- Understand the Cisco Business Units and their product lines and their target customers is required.
- Understand the decision making and budgeting process of Cisco. This should translate into maintaining the right stage of deals in the Salesforce system with high accuracy on the close dates.
- Responsible for revenue generation/quota attainment, strategic account & territory management and sales opportunity management.
- Coordinate Sales Engineering efforts needed to support evaluations and pre-sales activities.
- Ability to drive a technical sales meeting with a good understanding of the Cisco Business Unit Requirements and their products.
- Technical Knowledge to drive customer requirements within Spirent and conveying accounts strategic direction to Product Marketing team.
- Manage sales opportunities from qualification to close, including preparation of quotations, presentations and negotiation.
- Coordinate and facilitate post-sales support and customer training.
- Understanding of IP and Ethernet technologies, Data Center Ethernet, Cloud Services & Network Security/App Device Technologies.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept challenges in a high visibility role.
- Strong problem-solving skills and developing innovative solutions and strategies using Spirent products.
- 10 years+ Experience in Telecommunications / Data Network Test and Measurement Industry.
- Experience with companies like Agilent/Ixia/Viavi selling similar solutions to companies like Cisco/Juniper will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge on the competitive landscape and understanding their solutions.
- Thorough understanding of the latest in High Speed Ethernet Technologies / Cloud and Virtual Solutions/Data Center Switching Technologies/Network Security (Malware/Fuzzing/Attacks).
- Understanding of Mobility Technologies like 2G/3G/LTE/IMS/IoT - both Access and Core emulations with functional and stress tests.
- A good exposure to testing requirements by Service Providers and Enterprise test scenarios that NEM products will be tested on.
- Ability to map the Spirent products and solutions across the different business units within NEMSs like Cisco
- Ability to customize Spirent solution messaging and sales activity to address the different teams in NEMS like Cisco.
- A thorough understanding of Spirent Test Center/Avalanche/Landslide/iTest product lines and with hands on knowledge.
- Good knowledge on the Calnex Timing and Synchronization Tools. Should be able to architect and sell turn key solutions comprising of products from both Calnex and Spirent.
- Good knowledge of Spirent Automation and Script migration from other tools to Spirent on NEM environments
- Ability to scope / manage and get user acceptance on Professional service orders on complex iTest/Velocity Solutions.
- Good Track record of working with NEMS like Cisco globally distributed across regions.
- Successful track record of exceeding annual sales quota.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge to work close with the Spirent product management team to align roadmaps with NEM requirements.