Reporting to the Sales Engineering Manager, the Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource within the Wisconsin regional territory. This person will play the role of technical advisor and product evangelist. The Sales Engineer is responsible for building technical understanding and credibility during the sales process and positioning professional services where appropriate to ensure success of Carbon Black's solutions. As part of a sales pursuit team, the Sales Engineer works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to pursue leads, demonstrate product capability, inspire confidence and effectively communicate the power of Carbon Black solutions.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Field Sales to pursue new business opportunities and support all aspects and phases of the Carbon Black sales process
- Evangelize and demonstrate Carbon Black's products to prospects, customers, and partners via presentations and product demos
- Manage all aspects of prospect evaluation process including:
- Properly scope and define evaluation goals and Win Drivers;
- Perform installation & training of Carbon Black products
- Educate on operational and organizational aspects of implementation process
- Work independently and with Carbon Black Technical Support and Engineering to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Respond to technical objections and create competitive differentiation
- Respond to RFI's and RFP's
- Document evaluation progress and results in SFDC
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of enterprise Sales Engineering experience selling into the F1000
- Demonstrated experience with endpoint and server security.
- Expert in XP, Win7, Win8.x, Windows POS endpoint operating systems.
- Expert in Mac and Centos/RHEL endpoint operating systems.
- Windows 2008/2012 application server and supporting technologies/products, including IIS and SQL database variants.
- Expert in CentOS/RHEL application server and supporting technologies/products, include NGINX, Postgres and SOLR.
- Proven technical track record with securing Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Understanding of Security Policy, Compliance and Audit.
- BS/BA or equivalent