AIG has an opportunity for a Senior Production Specialist in its Energy & Engineered Risk (EER). He/She is expected to work effectively in an independent manner to successfully manage his/her book of business of new and renewal production along with contributing to the profitability for the property business portfolio of the region. A Sr. Regional Production Specialist must be able to illustrate sufficient technical analysis and underwriting acumen combined with marketing and sales skills to meet production underwriting goals (i.e., achieve growth targets and maintain loss and expense ratios).
The key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
• Produce, underwrite, manage and service a profitable book of business (energy related accounts) in Latin America.
• Utilize underwriter authority in accordance with the Global Property / Energy objectives.
• Handle a large portfolio of property renewals and new business made up of complex Energy & Engineered risks.
• Ability to seek out and secure new and profitable business.
• Manage and develop effective producer and client relationships throughout assigned territory.
• Work alongside marketing department to effectively cross-sell the company's offerings.
• Effectively negotiate and secure policy terms that align with the company directives.
• Develop and manage underwriting strategies for both renewals and prospects within his/her portfolio of accounts, including knowledge of the current penetration by product, cross marketing penetration by product and specific plans to increase company share.
• Minimum 5 years experience in the Energy & Engineered Risks property insurance market.
• Candidate must be fluent in Spanish.
• Ideal candidate would have Property Loss Control background.
• Ability to underwrite a variety of property risks, design coverages as well as primary and excess layers and structures
• Relationships with 1st and 2nd tier brokers in the South Zone.
• Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on collaboration and working well with others