Senior Regional Business Manager
Glaukos is an ophthalmic medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of breakthrough products and procedures designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world's leading causes of blindness. We have pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. We launched the iStent, our first MIGS device, in the United States in July 2012 and we are leveraging our platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression. We believe the iStent is the smallest medical device ever approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, measuring 1.0 mm long and 0.33 mm wide.
Position Overview: To achieve quarterly sales objectives by selling to targeted ophthalmic surgeons within their territory. The Senior Regional Business Manager, Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga, Tri-Cities is responsible for training and helping to integrate the iStent technology into the practice. The Senior Regional Business Manager will attend surgeries and help the surgeon to achieve the desired surgical outcomes for the patient. The Senior Regional Business Manager will achieve these standards by focusing on the customer while managing the territory for the best return on investment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Initiate sales calls to sell the surgeon on the Glaukos iStent.
- Initiate surgical wet-labs to train the surgeon.
- Attend the initial iStent surgeries until the surgeon is confident and skilled to perform the cases.
- Attend surgeries as needed to update on new techniques to improve surgical outcomes.
- Train the office staff and the doctor to recognize and convert patients to the iStent technology using Glaukos Practice System (GPS).
- Work with the surgeon and staff to educate and assist in getting proper reimbursement for the Glaukos iStent.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing Major preferred.
Work Experience: 8 Years of medical sales experience (3 years surgical Ophthalmic preferred) with a proven track record at least 5 years of ophthalmic pharmaceutical experience.
- Meeting targeted goals.
- Building relationships.
- Opening new territories.
- Retaining customers.
- Experience with tracking software – SalesLogix a plus.
- Working within budget.
- Compliance with procedures and processes.