The Regional Asset Protection and Safety Manager will lead the Region in shrink reduction and profit maximization efforts. The position will proactively seek to bring economic value to the company, promoting profitable sales and world class customer service while ensuring a safe place to work and shop.
- Monitors, manages and audits all aspects of physical security within assigned Region to ensure alarm systems, access control and CCTV standards are operational and in compliance.
- Conducts detailed business audits to identify exposure to margin erosion, policy breakdowns, systemic issues and shrink opportunities. Analyzes work environment to control, eliminate and prevent accidents.
- Partners with Region Operations and Store Team Leaders. Acts as a subject matter expert, teacher and trainer for all matters pertaining to Asset Protection and Occupational Safety.
- Conducts financial and operational investigations relating to Safety program compliance, margin erosion, profit loss, and dishonesty. Utilizes data to identify opportunities and suggest business improvements.
- Partners with Team Member Services to complete investigations and interviews.
- Partners with the store teams to reduce accidents, cash and merchandise loss on the front end. Helps establish best practices and programs designed to minimize risk and improve service.
- Supports all Store Operations objectives to enhance service, safety and the profitability of the Region.
- Manages the Global Asset Protection / Safety Communications and Awareness program throughout the Region. Guides Store Team Leaders to achieve required Team Member participation rates, ensuring Team Members have the confidence and knowledge to successfully execute the Global Asset protection and Occupational Safety program.
- Maintains and understands statistical information, accident data and case reporting materials.
- Acts as a liaison between Federal, State and local law enforcement, third party security contractors, regulatory agencies, OSHA and Whole Foods Markets.
- Partners with the Regional Food Safety teams to ensure all regulatory and compliance expectations are being met to reduce incidents and maintain standards.
- Builds Region specific shrink and accident reduction strategies and utilizes resources to achieve goals.
- Partners with Region Receiving team to ensure back room compliance measures are being executed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education and Experience
The candidate must possess the following certifications:
A BA / BS in Business, Finance, Criminal Justice or related fields with a minimum of 5 years Retail Asset Protection and Safety experience.
Skills and Knowledge
The candidate must possess the following skills and knowledge:
- An in-depth understanding of grocery retail operations.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- A team focused approach with the drive to build business partnerships and strategic relationships.
- The ability to effectively teach, train and influence associates at all levels.
- The understanding of how to develop data driven strategic plans.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards, Food Safety regulations and industry best practices.
- Ability to conduct professional data driven investigations.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization and follow-through skills. Must be able to multi-task and easily adapt to change.
- A passion for customer service.
- Ability to travel. The key elements of this position requires the candidate to be in tier assigned stores daily.
Wicklander and Zulawski certification required
Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) preferred