Senior Region Counsel, NAM
Mastercard is seeking an experienced attorney to be responsible for providing comprehensive, end-to-end, strategic support to the U.S. Markets Team. The Senior Counsel role will provide legal support and counsel to Mastercard’s US Region, the largest region at Mastercard.
• Relationship manager for certain US Issuers and responsible for coordinating across all of the Law & Franchise Integrity (“LFI") Department and Mastercard on all matters affecting those financial institutions
• Works cross-functionally across issuer, digital, merchant and services business lines to provide holistic support to the region.
• Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to help clients structure complex deal structures managing a variety of related legal and regulatory issues
• Collaborate with subject matter experts, including privacy counsel, IP counsel, global products and solutions counsel, finance, sales and other stakeholder teams relating to US Region go-to-market strategies for new products and services consistent with corporate strategy, internal policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
• Trains and educates clients on processes, risks, changes in laws and regulations and the U.S. regulatory landscape on an ongoing basis.
• Partners with North American Markets compliance lead to ensure products and services comply with corporate policies, such as gifts and hospitality, anti-bribery and anti-corruption and third party on-boarding.
• Identifies needed process improvements and efficiencies; owns and executes solutions to support our transformation strategy and drives towards streamlining processes to increase ease of doing business
• Operate as a trusted advisor to the business clients on a daily basis with respect to wide-ranging issues.
All About You:
• Proven experience working with complex legal transactions at a reputable law firm, or as an in-house counsel
• JD from an accredited law school; admitted to and in good standing with the NY bar.
• Highly confident, a thought leader and a problem solver to be able to tackle unfamiliar situations
• Must be a team player and willing to take on a variety of responsibilities and roles that support the team, department and the company
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced team environment
• Keen business insight and strong communication skills to interact confidently and effectively withinternal clients, Mastercard customers and LFI colleagues, including senior management and Mastercard executives