Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This role will act as a Talent Advisor providing recruitment counsel and guidance to the functional Hiring Teams and Managers regarding market employment trends, compensation, skills/attributes, target companies, recruitment strategies, interviewing/assessments, and sourcing tactics.
This individual should be comfortable sourcing candidates on their own, using various methods and tools which includes the company career web site, Internet job boards, associations, university alumni resources as well as using research and cold calling prospects. In this role you should be comfortable and laser focused to deliver the expected talent, in a reasonable and expected time frame without using outside agencies.
In addition to the Talent Acquisition accountabilities, this role could also be directly involved with talent acquisition projects whether they will lead or participate as a member.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and execute a talent acquisition strategy aligned with the client group’s business and operational objectives.
- Develop strategies to target both active and passive candidates using a variety of tools and techniques including external market knowledge, third party job boards, networking sites, recruiting fairs, industry events, social networking etc
- Oversee the sourcing and selection process i.e. needs definition, creating job ads, sourcing and screening candidates for current and future opportunities, assessing and presenting qualified candidates to hiring leaders and facilitating the offer and delivery process.
- Act as a candidate relationship manager ensuring the company is represented in a manner consistent with the corporate values
- Implement innovative recruitment campaigns, identifying strategic sources for talent
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Train other team members on best practices, internal processes and provides guidance as needed
- Manage the use of outside recruiters and headhunters
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Conduct meetings with managers and interviews with candidates
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in applicable system
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite
- Perform other special projects as assigned
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition.
- 5+ years of recruiting experience minimum within the applicable or related industry
- Ability to learn and have discussions with management and candidates on highly technical positions
- Undergraduatedegree, or equivalent education and experience
- Proven track-record of sourcing candidates for difficult-to-fill positions using traditional and non-traditional search methods, i.e. networking, online research, etc.
- Proven track record of building a pipeline of prospects and cold calling on those prospects
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, with an emphasis is data integrity
- Experience following compliance process and procedure
- 7+ years of recruiting experience in applicable industry
- Experience with the employee mobility and the US Visa and Green Card process
- Military recruitment experience
- University recruitment experience
- Experiencerecruiting technicians and crafts people
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow-up and attention to detail, facilitation of superior communications with Management
- Professional demeanor, and strong business acumen required
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workload required, handling multiple projects at the same time
- Strong mental agility to keep pace with a dynamic changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong business sense and ability to understand and communicate key business drivers.
- Strong client partnering skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to anticipate and manage change and recommend solutions
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)