5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
The Recruiter will own and lead the team to build the pipeline strategy for ThorLabs, especially the key areas such as Engineering, Marketing, and Product Management etc. Own the recruitment lifecycle and candidateexperience while holding active requisition count.
Location of the position is in Newton, NJ, 35% overnight travel is required to other ThorLabs locations, trade shows and career fairs.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develops recruiting, sourcing and retention strategies and related action plans while implementing best practices to support the talent needs of the organization. Serves as liaison between senior leadership and the HR Manager. Uses various traditional and non-traditional recruiting techniques. Participates in the development, implementation and administration of creative and strategic processes, tools.
- Participates in Affirmative Action data compilation and strategic recruiting plans.
- Manages recruiting budget and expenses and plans out needs 6 months to 1 year.
- Identifies the recruiting, sourcing and retention implications of the business strategy. Anticipates talent acquisition needs and delivers talent solutions that enable the execution of the business strategy.
- Participates in the succession planning process to develop appropriate recruitment strategies to meet staffing needs.
- Oversees filling of all open positions/ requisitions in a timely fashion and with a diverse slate of candidates.
- Drives results, ensuring that staffing activity is meeting/exceeding company’s requirements.
- Thorough understanding of all federal and state regulations affecting areas of recruitment and selection and remains current with changes in employment laws.
- Contributes to the development and consistent execution of best practices in staffing and recruitment using labor market analysis.
- Implements strategies and tactics to address high volume, rapid response and proactive recruiting needs for a growing company.
- Collaborates with management and HR Manager to identify and remove obstacles related to filling open positions.
- Contact potential candidates to determine their availability for open positions.
- Participate career fairs of related industry. Overnight travelrequired
- Travel to Maryland / Virginia ThorLabs offices
- Perform other related duties as assigned.?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in full-cycle recruiting
- Minimum 3 years of Management or Leadership experience
- BA/BS degree in Business, HR, Communications or related field or equivalent working experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Human Resources computerized information systems and databases, preferably a relational database
- Knowledge of Affirmative Action guidelines, practices and processes.
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Highly motivated, results driven and able to work independently as well as with the team
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities within the department
- High commitment to customer service to internal and external clients
- Possess a high level of integrity; must show good judgment and the strictest confidentiality at all times
- Show high level of professionalism within the work place
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and solving problems
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Clear and effective oral presentation of ideas/recommendations and effective written communication, using tact and courtesy
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.