The successful Senior Recruiter joining the team is energized by engaging with MLT’s community as we work toward our vision of empowering the next generation of diverse leaders and transforming society; is passionate about developing diverse talent; and, ideally, will have experience with and insight into the communities of those we serve. Initially the position will support activity in our Partnerships and Programs team, helping build our highly impactful campus, coaching, and partner support programs.
The successful candidate is results-driven, adept with social media and professional networking platforms (e.g. LinkedIn Recruiter and alternatives, Slack, Google Groups, et al.), able to mine our existing Lever candidate management database, who will work collaboratively with MLT staff to strengthen our employment brand and processes through the full recruitment cycle. The position reports to the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition and can be based in our Bethesda, MD office (post-Covid) or remote.
More about MLT and the Position:
- While MLT’s mission is central to our success, we operate in a commercial manner in a competitive talent environment - the performance bar is high and our environment is rigorous. MLT recruits and hires staff with high achievement / success profiles, who in turn have an opportunity to make a positive difference at work every day.
- We are committed to building a Talent Acquisition team that identifies and recruits talent to achieve and sustain the organization's unprecedented and continued growth.
- Data is important to MLT, and each member of the Talent Acquisition team is expected to track activity at all stages of the recruitment cycle, so the dashboards we publish accurately identify gaps and areas for resource allocation and improvement.
- Manage operational aspects of candidate recruitment and cultivation, including contacting prospective candidates, scheduling interviews, and conducting phone screens
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to capitalize on top and diverse talent from creative channels
- Support the full candidate journey, ensuring an exceptional experience for both applicants and hiring manager / team members
- Maintain and document ongoing communication regarding candidate sourcing, pipeline development, recruiting metrics, strategic relationship building and networking and business priorities
- Create job descriptions aligned with MLT’s core values and each hiring manager’s needs
- Track and measure recruitment and selection data and integrate key learnings to develop a strong, diverse pipeline of talent
- Identify and implement ways to strengthen MLT's employment brand, recruiting processes, and candidate success
- Five+ years success as a corporate or search firm recruiter, researcher, talent sourcer, or related role, which will include demonstrated experience recruiting on social platforms, building Boolean search strings, crafting effective introductory emails, presenting qualified, interested, and available candidates to hiring managers, and guiding candidates through the complete hiring process
- Passion for identifying and developing diverse talent, ideally with recruiting experience and insight into the communities of those we serve
- Transparency, integrity, and trust needed to effectively describe MLT’s career value proposition to candidates at all levels
- The resourcefulness - and tolerance for ambiguity - that comes with helping to support a fast-growing organization
- A genuine desire to be part of building and sustaining a high-performing talent engine