Blackboard is helping education leaders enhance every aspect of the teaching and learning experience. Blackboard’s broad reach covers our traditional, market-leading e-Learning solutions, in addition to mass notification, campus security, and commerce. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of lifelong education and growth. Across courses, campuses, organizations, companies, government agencies, and communities, Blackboard is powering the educational age around the globe.
The position reports to the Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition and will collaborate with other HR counterparts, recruitment, compensation & benefits, employee relations and learning & development professionals, both locally and internationally.
ThisRecruiter will play an integral role in the supporting a cross-section of the company supporting both technical and non-technical roles and will take an active role in our corporaterecruiting programs and initiatives. Specifically, s/he will beresponsiblefor:
- Partnering with the Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, and business leadership to ensure that recruiting is aligned with company business objectives, values and principles.
- Partnering with the hiring team as a trusted consultant guiding them through the hiring process ensuring the best possible result.
- Networking extensively in the marketplace to ensure we have access to the best and brightest talent for every search.
- Full life cycle recruiting for searches domestically as well as around the globe.
- Managing the candidate process and acting as an advocate for the candidate. Evaluate skill level, manage offer process, make reference checks and make salary recommendations. Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring managers, senior management and finance as necessary.
- Leveraging best practices around process, systems, candidate development, and research.
- Acting as a resource for writing job postings, navigating the hiring process and assisting with interviews.Actively involved in interviewing for critical business unit positions.
- Delivering on recruiting related projects as assigned by Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional recruiting experience and/or experience in a search firm or corporate environment.
- Strong sourcing skills with and experience utilizing current on-line sourcing techniques, networking and building pipelines
- Ability to manage multiple clients and provide strong consultative skills throughout the search process
- Demonstrated experience understanding the business needs and providing hands-on full life-cycle recruiting
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
- Understanding of recruiting budgeting process and general recruiting metrics
- Knowledge and experience in a wide range of current human resources policies, practices and trends including H1-B, EAD and Green Card recruitment policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact and diplomacy to interact effectively with all levels of the organization including senior executives
- Understanding of different roles in the technology sector