The Boeing Defense, Space & Security Mission System Sensor Fusion Team develops and maintains a complex set of software applications responsible for mission critical functionality, divided into two main components: Tracking and Surveillance.
The Tracking component is responsible for onboard and offboard report-track association and track-track correlation/fusion/identification functions, track manager functions, Radar IFF and Data Link processing, as well as ESM processing and related passive tracking functions.
The surveillance component interfaces with the onboard sensors, and is responsible for sending non-overlapping sector controls to the onboard sensors based on user initiated and automatic/periodic requests. This product line is maintained across multiple platforms, OS environments and customers.
The Mission Systems Sensor Fusion IPT is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to support the development, and sustainment of this product line.
- Generating interfaces and designs for the software product line while ensuring reusability in multiple domains and applications.
- Developing, maintaining, and integrating software into multiple environments/platforms while conforming to each set of government standards.
- Using a disciplined process driven approach for the design, development, operation, maintenance, and documentation of software components and computing systems.
- Coordinating efforts and designs with other groups (e.g. SEIT, Performance Analysis, MS Applications).
- Estimating engineering work, managing resources, and developing realistic, achievable schedules to cover multiple programs and baselines.
- Mentoring and training early career engineers.
- Operating as a spokesperson for the Sensor Fusion group in meetings and collaborations.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Must be comfortable in a highly collaborative environment (usually between multiple sites).
- Experience leading projects or teams.
- Experience organizing, assigning and delegating work within the team is required.
- Experience planning and estimating tasks is required.
Preferred Software and Applications Experience:
- Java, C++, scriptinglanguages
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700011903