Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Sr. Rail Systems Design/Program Manager to join the Infrastructure group in our North American Rail Systems team in the Mississauga location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
In this role, you will be leading programs with elite team of multidisciplinary systems professionals focusing on North American projects with some opportunity to work internationally, if desired. As with all of our positions, this position is an entrepreneurial role in which you will be able to leverage HATCH and our more than 3000 rail experts globally to your ultimate success.
Our ideal candidate will be veteran of the rail industry in the US or Europe with proven experience leading rail systems programs in excess of $100 million in capital value. While rail signal, traction power, communications and systems integration domain knowledge is important, it is equally important to have developed interpersonal skills as client interaction will be required for most if not all projects. Finally, our ideal candidate will be a trusted advisor and partner with clients and contractor’s alike. Trust and ability to follow through is critically important to HATCH and as a spokesperson, this position must be trusted above nearly all others.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Develop and manage major technical programs including control of scope, schedule and budget
- Organize, manage, and inspire staff to achieve program objectives
- Manage owner and stakeholder interests
- Present ideas, concepts and details to owners, contractors, and others.
- Coordinate and build partnerships both internally with HATCH and externally with partners to achieve goals
- Review work of others and provide detailed and constructive commentary in a professional setting
- Work with other to promote HATCH and develop opportunities for new work
You bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Professional Engineering License and PMP strongly preferred
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in the rail signaling industry with at least three (3) of those working for manufacturers or contractors and at least one project based in the US.
- Eight (8) or more years and three (3) different projects of multidisciplinary systems project management experience on projects greater than $50m in capital value.
- Experience with commuter rail, metro and LRT signaling with emphasis on brown field upgrades
- Knowledge of and experience with managing the design and implementation of rail signaling, grade crossings, traction power systems, OCS, and communications systems including but not limited to modeling and simulations, preliminary design, detailed design, RAMS, programming, field testing, and V&V.
- Preferred experience with a wide variety of vendor’s equipment
- Demonstrable experience in specification development, engineering procedure development, standards development, financial management, estimating, etc.
- Knowledge of railway operations, system safety, RAMS and associated requirements
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing) is required.
- Demonstrable experience in training, mentoring and developing staff and educating clients