Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
The candidate will provide technical support to a variety of government and internal projects in the area of radar engineering. The candidate will play a key role in helping MITRE sponsors develop requirements, assess and mitigate risks, and prioritize engineering activities. The candidate’s responsibilities will include conducting field experiments, analyzing data, modeling radar behavior, and prototyping new software algorithms and/or hardware for insertion into both fielded and developmental systems. The successful candidate will have a background in electrical engineering or physics, as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Model, test, and analyze radar systems at the system, module, and component levels in order to support hardware and software fielding decisions.
- Prototype new software algorithms and hardware designs for insertion into existing and developmental radar
- Familiarity with at least two subject areas typically employed in radars such as antennas, signal processing, tracker design, RF hardware, or electromagnetic propagation.
- Familiarity with MATLAB, or a similar programming language
- Effective oral and written technical communication skills
BS and 3 years related experience