The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Radar Systems Engineer to join a project team assisting with the development of complex, state-of-the-art systems for airborne and space radar applications. You will be a part of a high performance systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers and senior technologists.
- Develop system and subsystem performance models for airborne and space radar applications.
- Perform and document technical analysis to support requirement derivation, allocation and verification efforts with respect to radar and related signal processing algorithms.
- Perform trade studies and develop/present briefings
- Support and lead design review presentations
- Mentor the project junior and lid level engineers, and review their work for quality
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 20 or more years' experience, Master's with 18 or more years' experience or PhD with 15 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Other Job Related Information/Qualifications: Strong analytical background and engineering skill set in radar and related signal processing areas. Strong RF systems (gain, NF, IP3, etc.) design or modeling background.
- Strong digital signal processing knowledge.
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra and probability theory.
- Strong MATLAB skills.
- Experience with systems engineering processes (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design).
- Strong problem solving skills and logical thinker.
- Self-Starter, team player, good communicator.
- Engineering leadership experience.
- 15+ years’ experienceworking with radar systems analysis, modeling simulation, design and testing.
- Strong image processing knowledge.
- Experience of signal processing algorithm development.
- Experience with wideband RF hardware design.
- Knowledge of high speed DSP hardware design.
- Experience with radar theory and adaptive signal processing.