In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Lead cross-functional team that will be responsible for launching of new medical device products as well as knowledge transfer between sites. As a Senior R&D Project Manager, New Product Introduction (NPI), this role is responsible for leading the execution of cross-functional NPI projects. This role requires significant project management and leadership skills, demonstrated by the ability to influence and lead within a rapidly evolving, cross-functional, highly regulated environment. This role also requires strong cross-functional business acumen, including technical, marketing, manufacturing, finance, quality, clinical, and regulatory-based knowledge. The Senior R&D Project Manager will ultimately be responsible for their team’s performance and their adherence to company procedures, applicable regulations and standards, and achieving the agreed upon project charter with senior leadership.
The Senior R&D Project Manager will lead project-planning activities (supported by Functional Managers and critical team members), track progress (scope, budgets, timelines, resourcing) and aggressively exploit opportunities and mitigate risks. Routine communication of progress with Leadership will be required. The Senior R&D Project Manager may occasionally be involved with strategic issues at a department level and / or corporate level, though their primary focus will be at the team level. The ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization is required.
You are responsible for
- Managing project(s) for medium to large project teams which require significant cross-functional involvement.
- Serving as expert to the project team on overall “Product Development Process” (including Design Controls).
- Development and oversight of project Charter, Development Plan, and Contract. Accountable for team’s compliance to project plans and commitments as well as appropriate change management, as necessary.
- Developing and managing project plans, including scheduling, resourcing, budgeting, and communication, to Product Development Leadership and Senior Leadership.
- Ensuring team adherence to project plans as well as maintaining project dashboards and action and decision registers.
- Providing daily direction and guidance to team members in the execution of the project.
- Leading team to manage external resources in the execution of an NPI project (i.e. managing critical external relationships for testing, development, attaining components / subassemblies, etc.).
- Proactive communication to functional management and Product Development leadership as well as escalating cross-functional support issues.
- Applies LEAN practices within project team and incorporates company innovation excellence and process improvements into project execution.
- Actively evaluating project for opportunities to improve performance; continuously monitoring risks and mitigations.
- Ensuring team members adhere to internal procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Providing guidance and coaching/mentoring to team members as appropriate.
- Building key relationships with stakeholders and customers related to the project(s).
You are a part of
Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices Research & Development organization, where we enable healthcare providers to decide, guide, treat and confirm in one setting, thereby optimizing care, reducing costs and getting patients back to living the lives they love.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science within Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electro-Mechanical or Biomedical); other degrees will be considered based on experience. Advanced degree is preferred (MS, PhD, or MBA).
- Project Management experience required; proven ability to lead and influence technical and commercial resources.
- 7+ years working within Product Development, with a desired 3 years leading projects of increasingly complex scope.
- Experience in medical device industry and product lifecycle management.
- Generally, has been part of at least 2 new product development cycles as a project leader (concept to launch).
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Daily Management experience is a plus.
- Specific training and/or certification highly desired (Lean Product Development, ProChain skills, PMP Certification desirable).
- Experience within a regulated industry required (medical devices desirable, along with knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations and ISO 13485).