Sr. R/D Engineer Careers that Change Lives
The Aortic Division develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum. A Day in the Life
This position will primarily support the New Product Development activities for the Medtronic Aortic division. As part of the New Product Development team, this position will lead the R&D efforts towards fulfillment of R&D deliverables. The primary product and technology categories supported will include aortic stent grafts, delivery systems, and ancillary devices. Responsibilities may include the following, and other duties may be assigned:
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during product development.
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
- Translate research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
- Deliver and/or manage projects assigned and work with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects - from design to implementation - while adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
- Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. Makes improvements to processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects / processes. Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
- Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties.
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future. Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)