Senior R&D Engineer - Medical Equipment / Devices, Bio-Engineering
The Senior R&D Engineer will be a key contributor on the R&D team. The individual in this position will have a complete understanding of a wide application of engineering principles, theories and concepts and has full knowledge and/or expertise of other related disciplines. He/She provides solutions that are imaginative, thorough and practical to a wide range of complex problems.
- Works under general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Contributes to a project of considerable significance or leads smaller scope projects.
- Supports material/design/process changes to the product line through design control process, with well-documented research/analyses. Demonstrates accountability for successful and timely completion of designated tasks.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems using sound engineering principles, utilizing experimental, computational and analytical methods.
- Designs and develops in vivo and in vitro models to evaluate product features & improvements.
- Applies innovative & logical risk based approach to product development challenges with the capacity for original thinking. Develops robust test methods, design test fixtures and execute measurement system analysis.
- Ensures compliance with our quality policies, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training and education of sound quality assurance principles.
- Plans, executes and analyzes design of experiments (DOE).
- Writes implements and leads bench studies, tolerance stack up analysis, design verification, validation, vendor interactions, materials specifications and component specifications.
- Performs data analysis using statistical tools, regression analyses and develop transfer functions.
- Collects, records, reports, interprets and analyzes data, presents results to peers and business leadership.
- Provides advanced engineering skills and product evaluation support to the platform toward building business cases for new opportunities.
- Education, Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
- BS.: 5+ years of experience in technical area
- MS.: 3+ years of experience in technical area
- Ph.D.: 2+ years of experience in technical area
- Sound knowledge of engineering first principles.
- Strong technical judgment and technical leadership skills.
- R&D functional planning, requirement generation and technical (DFSS/Design/Cross functional) reviews for all product development phases.
- Strong project management, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills to work within tight deadlines.
- Proficient in proven modeling (Pro/E, SolidWorks or equivalent)
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams.
- Experience in advising associates and leading small cross-functional groups is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Disciplined phase-gate product development processes & project planning.
- Proficiency with fixture design including basic machining considerations and developing test methods.
- Understanding of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Knowledge of Six Sigma (DMAIC) practices, and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodologies.
- Product development considerations for tightly controlled, high-volume manufacturing process.
- Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
Base Salary - $90,000 to $100,000
Bonus Eligible - Yes
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally