Here at Structural Heart we are making many enhancements to our MitraClip product.
This position is responsible for providing mechanical engineering support in the creation and the development of new medical device products (invasive and non-invasive) focused on the MitraClip's delivery system.
1. Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical materials, components, assemblies, processes and/or equipment.
2. Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality.
3. Develops new concepts from initial design to market release.
4. Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
5. Write and submit intellectual property (patents).
6. Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
7. Investigates and evaluates existing technologies.
8. Reviews or coordinates vendor activities to support development.
(Influence/Leadership) Establishes and cultivates an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance and work direction, and offering counsel.
May lead a project team.
Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects.
Influences middle management on technical or business solutions.
May interact with vendors.
(Planning/Organization) Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval.
Initiates or maintains workschedule.
Establishes priorities of work assignments.
(Decision Making/Impact) Exercises judgment in selecting innovative, practical methods to achieve problem resolution.
Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Bachelor's degree plus 6+ years of related work experience with a strong understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Preferredexperience includes design for delivery systems, moving parts, plasticmechanical systems, structural heart medical devices.