Senior R&D Electrical Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your proven electrical engineering skills to develop complex, state-of-the-art medical laser equipment? Are you a seasoned subject matter expert in electrical new product development? Do you have a proven ability to collaborate with customers, multi-disciplinary teammates, and development partners to deliver successful new products to market?
If your answer is yes, then we may be looking for you!
Spectranetics, now a part of Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices, has an opening for a Senior R&D Electrical Engineer.
What You Will Do: You will serve as our R&D teammate providing subject matter expertise in electricalengineering for new laser medical equipment and catheter development projects. You will own internal development, integration and technical oversight of external electricalengineering partners.
What You Will Learn: We attract and hire the best talent on the planet! You will be working with a great team of dedicated experts and leaders in the medical device Industry who will support your continued growth. You will learn from our engineers, clinicians, sales leaders, and other industry professionals about our state of the art laser systems and disposable products.
What You Will Become: A highly influential subject matter expert who will be responsible for integration of electrical hardware in Spectranetics products.
What Success Looks Like:
Required technical skills include:
- Proven “concept to commerce” development of firmware-controlled electromechanical capital equipment in a highly regulated environment (medical preferred)
- Experience in digital and analogcircuit design, including microprocessor controlled embedded systems and electromechanical sensor and actuator interfaces
- Experience in developing hardware requirements from customer needs and industry standards
- Creating and executing system level test procedures, troubleshooting, and system level analysis
- Printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) specification for test and manufacture
Desired leadership skills include:
- Serving as expert to project teams on electricalengineering
- Demonstrated experiencecollaborating with external development partners and contractors
- Experience in supporting Project Management in the development of project plans including schedules, resourcing, budgeting
- Appropriate escalation of cross-functional support issues on projects to the Project Manager or to functional leadership as appropriate
- Proven ability to actively evaluate project for opportunities to improve performance; continuously monitors risk and mitigates as appropriate
- Identify opportunities and continuously improve internal electricalengineering best practices
- Building key relationships with customers relating to their project(s)
- Approving project expenses to a given amount level
Required team-building and personnel management skills include:
- Demonstrated drive for results
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Desire to help craft an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences based on consistently demonstrated personal values
Supervisory Duties: No direct reports
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Computers with applicable software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Power Point, etc.)
- Hardware development tools (e.g. schematic capture, layout, simulation)
- Hardware test instrumentation (e.g. oscilloscopes, data acquisition systems)
- Minimum four yeardegree in ElectricalEngineering OR applicable engineering/scientific field
- Minimum of 6 years’ combined experience in electricalengineering product design of capital equipment or embedded systems
- Experience in design for reliability for electrical systems is desirable
- Experience in a regulated industry required (medical device development experience along with a solid working knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations and ISO 13485, and ISO 60601 is preferred)