Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX, Tampa, FL, Dallas, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Conducts and developsquantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications insupport ofrisk management efforts that assess the market and identifyrisks and gaps in existing or proposedprocesses. Applies diverse methodologies and deepexperience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefinedriskproblems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 2 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in creating reporting visualization using Tableau
- Coding experience to include Python, SAS or R
- 2+ years of experience in riskreporting and MIS
- Risk managementexperience in large financial institution
- Advanced knowledge and experience with risk management processes, techniques and tools
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 01/10/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Req. Number: R0027612