Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company's success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact?
- Responsible for conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects. Participates in development of analytical processes and system approaches.
- Conducts research on various factors related to assigned focus (e.g., cash flow forecasting, data/statistical analysis, structured credit pricing) and impact thereof. Reviews information collected and identifies relevant components.
- Conducts independent assessments of model performance, identifying model strengths and limitations.
- Maintain and run various quantitative analyses and models, as well as data inputs preparation.
- Plans or participates in the planning of complex key business projects. Establishes scope and objectives, and develops the strategy for completion.
- Conducts research, gathers information, and maintains awareness of business environment, government events, regulatory changes, and rating agency disclosures.
- Responsible for unique and ongoing responsibilities as assigned.
Do you have what it takes?
Completion of Master's Degree in Computational Finance or related field with a focus on quantitative financial analytics. Additional experience (2 years) beyond the minimum (below) may be substituted for education beyond a Bachelor's Degree.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Interdisciplinary knowledge including finance, mathematics, statistics, and programming
- Principles and mathematics behind stochastic modeling
- Experience with stochastic mortgage credit risk and performance models including ADCo and CoreLogic
- Proficiency in data query and statistical tools/languages such as SAS, SQL, or similar
- Experience with mortgage securitization models and software
- Statistical and machine learning methods for financial data
- Probability and simulation methods
- 5 – 7 years advanced work
- Performs analysis of advanced complexity
- Structures problems, identifies trends and inconsistencies, draws conclusions and makes recommendations
- Requires little oversight
- Regularly performs impact analysis
- Participates in the definition of standards
- Regular contact with Senior Management
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
• Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
• Financial Benefits (401k with company match, pension plan, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
• On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Business casual dress