Mountain View, California
Intuit QuickBooks is on a mission to transform small business lending through its QuickBooks Financing Platform. We are looking for a strong quantitative policy lead who is an experienced risk professional responsible for analyzing payments and payroll portfolio to test and design fraud risk strategies for Small & Medium Sized businesses. This lead will be part of an innovative, fast-paced, and deeply passionate team that is determined to change the way SMBs access capital to make it so they “can’t imagine going back to the old way” ever again. This role will report to the Intuit’s Global Fraud Risk Strategy & Policy leader across payments and payroll.
Come join the Strategic Risk team as a Senior Quant Policy Lead, Fraud Risk.
Senior quant policy lead will tackle three of the largest risk management opportunities for Intuit SMB:
- Preventing existing consumers from being defrauded
- Detecting fraudsters when attempting to monetize compromised/bad accounts
- Enabling increased account activation rates, Total Processed Payment Volume, revenue and profit through optimizing funding source availability, authorization rate, returns, representments, etc.
This lead is responsible for driving fraud risk aspects of business initiatives as well as respond to fraud-related events and demands. Successful candidates for this role will leverage local market knowledge, risk expertise, financial analytics and innovative risk strategies and solutions to enable Intuit SMB growth and expansion, achieve optimal profitability, and enhance trust-related consumer and merchant experience.
Work Location: Mountain View, CA OR Woodland Hills, CA.
- Ability to analyze and translate data and research findings into risk and business opportunities/ requirements at the level of detail required to solve specific problems
- Analyze and test 3rd party data providers to solve individual/business fraud risk, device risk and other types of exposure risk (chargeback, ACH return) etc.
- Design and scale risk processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of merchant risks given our rapidly expanding user base
- Deliver ideas and insights as you collaborate with partner teams, such as engineering or machine learning, to build systems and tools that empower specialists, operate efficiently, and provide good user experiences for Intuit’s merchants
- Develop experiments with our policies or tools to challenge the payments industry status quo as we help enable innovative businesses to flourish online
- Ability to perform quantitative and business trade off decisions and create policies to prevent fraud in payments and payroll
- Effectively able to work with product and technology teams to build risk solutions and partner with risk operations to operationalize solutions and get feedback
- In addition, the candidate should bring a high level of enthusiasm to the projects and the ability to organize and motivate large groups. This includes taking initiative, ownership and responsibility for a project
- Must be a smart, organized analytical thinker, with the ability to perform or direct a detailed, fully considered analysis
- Must have good judgement with the ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong business acumen with a 5 years work experience in related field/position
- Bachelor degree in Business, Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related field. MBA or graduate degree in a related field a plus
- We need the individual to be results-oriented business acumen, and a nuanced approach to understanding and operating in global markets to manage payment and payroll fraud
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and oral) skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to Intuit’s growing Payment and Payroll offerings
- Believes in knowing and using the numbers behind a problem, and preferably has familiarity with the basics of statistical analysis and experience with quantitative tools such as Excel, SQL, Python, R, Stata, or data visualization tools
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of payment processing and an understanding of industry fraud and risk trends, including familiarity with scorecard development
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive and available during times of peak fraud activity
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.