Borrego is seeking a Senior Quality Manager to join our growing Utility Scale division. In this role, you will be responsible for the quality of utility-scale solar projects, including the management of on-site quality staff. Our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of construction experience, with at least three of those years being in quality engineering and/or continuous improvement in progressing roles of management responsibility; or (8) years of Construction Management experience.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Direct ownership of USD quality deliverables, including; creation, implementation and continuous improvement of the USD divisional Quality Management System and Plan.
- Direct responsibility for the effectiveness and results of the USD Quality Plan.
- Provide detailed and accurate reporting as deemed necessary by the Director of Field Operations.
- Manage a staff of project based Quality Management employees and third-party resources.
- Manage any third parties to which Quality functions have been outsourced
- Develop, implement and manage a continuous improvement program utilizing the Borrego System of Excellence, six sigma and LEAN concepts.
- Facilitate Lean Kaizen events, PDCA, root cause analysis, countermeasure development and process improvement across the USD division.
- Provides Quality leadership for the USD business unit.
- Promote quality and continuous improvement across the organization
- Assist project partners with the development of Project QA QC Plans.
- Assist project management and pre-construction teams to ensure project readiness and success.
- Assist in the development of performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Assist with the development and implementation of operational best practices, controls, systems, etc.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all levels of the management team.
- Promote and communicate the Quality Management Plan and all associated policies and procedure
- Serve as an instructor/facilitator of quality, lean and continuous improvement training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in quality, business, construction, science, engineering or related major.
- Requires a minimum of (5) years of construction experience with (3) of those years being in quality engineering and/or continuous improvement in progressing roles of management responsibility; or (8) years of Construction Management experience
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience preferred.