What will you be doing?
Incorporate and lead Mortenson’s quality system on one or more significant data center projects:
- Lead planning, development, and implementation of the Quality Management Plan and system for all work divisions from notice to proceed through final customer acceptance
- Establish and lead quality control initiatives, activities (three Phase Inspection Process), and corrective actions
- Review project plans for quality requirements prior to Issued for Construction drawings
- Manage Quality Events and corrective actions
- Manage the punch list identification and closeout process
- Manage Non-Conformance Notices and the Request for Information process through corrective actions
- Manage and resolve issues with and without guidance from the Project Manager or Superintendent
Coach and mentor Quality Managers, Engineers, and others within the operating group:
- Provide job assignments and manage career development
- Train and manage project personnel on the roles, responsibilities, and processes to support Mortenson’s Quality System
- Train Kaizen event roles or visual management
How will you succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent field
- 7+ years of experience in the design, engineering, or construction industry; with experience leading a project’s quality system
- Experience in Design/Build required preferably working on highly technical data center projects
- Experience with large scale data center projects preferred ($100M plus)
- Knowledge of one or more quality systems: i.e., Malcolm Baldridge, ISO 9000, Lean, Kaizen, Army Corps of Engineers, Mortenson’s Quality System, continuous improvement, value streams, etc.
- Experience with issue management, and inspection of work put in place
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to obtain personnel security clearance required or existing security clearance preferred