Xbox Studios Quality is looking for a passionate, experienced individual to own quality efforts across broad portions of AAA+ games. You're a people first, long-term thinker, who strives to improve the people, processes and technologies for your team and studio partners.
You'll be responsible for understanding and communicating the state of quality of top level areas in both live, release games as well as games and features still in-development. You'll also be looking for opportunities to improve efficiency, and better measure, detect, and preventrisks both on a specific title as well as driving these improvements across Studios Quality and Xbox Game Studios.
- Own the end-to-end Quality and Test strategy for top level portions of AAA+ games, partnering with quality focused peers in Software and Data Engineering to build solutions that target both issue detection and issue prevention.
- Using both quantitative metrics and qualitative user impact assessments, evaluate and advise on the quality of the project.
- Manage and coordinate the work of other team members.
- Mentor peers and colleagues and help maintain and grow our quality culture and mindset across the team.
We need someone who:
- Is passionate about games and the players who play them.
- Has a joy of learning, growing and finding new ways to solve problems.
- Is dependable and thorough, collaborating on solutions through their conclusion.
- Enjoys fast-paced, rapidly evolving work environments and building order from disorder.
- Experience leading a test or quality team through an end-to-end ship cycle in a AAA game environment.
- A history of striving for improved efficiency through people, process and technology.
- Experience using data to inform, generate discussion and make conclusions on product quality.
- Proficiency in representing and advocating for players and customers; both internal partners such as art, design, engineering and production as well as people who pick up our games and play them.
Bonus experience includes:
- Games Industry experience with First-Person Shooters or high-performance games.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, or other product backlog-based planning systems.
- Working knowledge of SQL, KQL or similar query languages.