Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD’s definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn’t changed – experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our testing activities may focus on system integration, business acceptance, performance, operability and deployment verification. Quality Assurance activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QA Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
There’s room to grow in all of this.
About This Role
We need someone to provide expert advice, research, analysis and design of test plans, related strategies and test processes that are appropriate to the application, solution, project and/or business unit. As part of this role, you’ll be involved in moderate to highly complex projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
- Lead test team in the delivery of test planning, test preparation and test execution activities in adherence to standards for system testing, system integration testing, production acceptance testing and production validation.
- Lead team in using test tools, defect tracking tools as per standards
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases.
- Coordinate testing planning, support with partners (e.g. business, CIO group, Infrastructure).
- Lead documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g. test strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria and gating).
- Applyrisk analysis methodologies, tools that align with a project’s development approach.
- May create and execute test case creation and execution to ensure team meets timelines.
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, testing. report on test planning, execution, defects to project team using standard test quality metrics.
- Co-ordinate code deployments, maintenance upgrades and project testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- Co-ordinate necessary and assigned testing resources to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met
- Participate in audit reviews of test artifacts, ensure they meet standards and audit requirements, and are stored in the project site.
- Participate in gate reviews, testing activities and artifacts, ensure they adhere to gating criteria.
- Use tools to develop, maintain virtualized services, components, environments.
- Coach colleagues and act as a reference for the requirements management life cycle.
- Works independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks and may be relied upon to coach/ educate others
- Provides expert professional knowledge of testing methodology, best practices and processes (including but not limited to automation, performance and data management methodologies)
- Develops test plans and strategies and may lead test execution activities for projects of moderate to high complexity
- Identifies testing risks within projects and provides testing solutions/processes to mitigate the risks
- This position reports directly to Testing Manager
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7years relevant experience.
- Experience working independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks.
- Expert professional knowledge of testing methodology, best practices and processes (including but not limited to automation, performance and data management methodologies).
- Proficiency in developing test plans and strategies and can lead test execution activities for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Talent in testing risks within projects and recommending ways to mitigate them.
- Understanding of QA automation framework development using JAVA and Selenium.
- Experience working with automation team and implementing test automation in an AgileSCRUM development environment.
- Understanding of automation development tool sets (e.g. Selenium, SOAPUI, TestNG, Maven)
- Experience with BDD frameworks such as Cucumber.
- Understanding of mainstream and emerging technology standards and advancements in software test automation.
- Understanding of continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in working with SQL and Oracle Databases.
- Proficient in code review best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading offshore teams a plus
Proficiency in JIRA & Confluence a plus