We are looking for a new colleague in the Quality Department at our Plant location in Lafayette, Indiana.
- Maintain and improve Quality Management systems consistent with IATF 16949 and customer specific requirements by improving existing processes, implementing new/improved equipment as well as gauging and maintaining existing production quality control systems
- Assist in creating and maintaining control plans, in-process checks/inspections, for product lines and pFMEA inputs
- Monitor and develop reporting information based on comparative analysis that will aid problem resolution for the following areas: customer rejected/returned material, warranty, scrap and first line reject rates
- Interface with customer at all levels of the organization on all related quality issues including onsite visits and lead Customer Corrective Actions
- Participate/manage APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) and other automotive quality management tools and processes
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a quality field required (experience in a manufacturing setting preferred)
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with gauges, machine acquisitions and process improvement preferred
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) a plus
- Knowledge of IATF Auditing/Certification a plus.