The quality engineer provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples, and ensures quality systems are robust and functioning to ensure customers receive quality products.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, Weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintains statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, and x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American society of quality control certified quality engineer qualification.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline required
- 8 plus years Quality Experiencepreferred
- 5 plus years Leadership Experiencepreferred
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and drive results in activities involving cross-functional teams
- Able to build customer relationships and act as voice of the customer within the internal organization
- Proactive and continual improvement mind set
- Requires travel including overnight and multi-day trips both domestically and internationally
- Experience with or desire to learn problem solving tools (i.e. Shainin Red X, Six Sigma, Black belt, etc)
- Experience with or desire to learn Automotive Industry Quality Standards (AIAG PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, APQP Manuals, ISO-TS16949)
- Experience with or desire to learn OEM and Tier 1 Customer Specific Requirements and quality/delivery expectations
- Must be proficient in the English language.