Key Roles & Responsibilities*
- Analyze functional and nonfunctional requirements and create test strategies and test estimations for projects that includes various data testing strategy and estimation
- Plan, develop, maintain and execute automated and manual test scripts for functional and nonfunctional requirements validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing
- Plan and execute ETL, MDM and other forms of data and BI testing
- Create, execute and debug SQL scripts to be used for test validation
- Document test results, status reports and participate in defect management process
- Assist with technical artifacts and engage in technical discussions
- Participate in or lead aspects of quality assurance and metrics architecture projects.
- Design and execute automation and performance tests and make suggestions for ways to improve quality.
- Support testing of application and environmental upgrades as well as resolution of production issues
- Participate in DevOps integration of test automation scripts with other continuous integration and continuous deployment tools
Technical, Functional and Business Knowledge*
- Has in-depth knowledge of QA and metrics architecture processes and strategies.
- Has in-depth knowledge and proven utilization of QA best practices and standard tools
- Has knowledge of Ratings and financial data and industry
- Has programming experience
- Solve complex, non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
- Determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Provide oversight when needed.
- Work with other teams as a lead and/or member and communicate effectively with team members at all levels
- Create formal networks involving coordination among groups.Typical Scope & Impact*
- Contribute to the achievement of QA and Metrics Architecture objectives.
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
Minimum and Preferred Education
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills
- 5+ years of software testing experience
- 3+ years of experience in Data warehouse/ETL testing ; ability to develop DW/ETL and other data and BI test strategies is required
- Proficiency in writing complex SQL queries is required
- Excellent understanding of various types of databases is required
- Experience working with test management tools like HP ALM is required
- 2+ years of experience creating, maintaining, and executing automation tests utilizing tools such as UFT, Tricentis Tosca, SoapUI, Selenium required
- Experience in Java Script, VBScript, VB or VC++ required
- Experience creating and maintaining automation frameworks preferred
- Familiarity with big datatechnologies is preferred
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and written communications
- High standards of confidentiality; ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and trust.