At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Atomic Enterprise Test team is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join us in Westford, MA. In this role, you will test Atomic Host technologies and code new test automation. In addition, you'll extend existing test software and tools in a continuous integration (CI) environment. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll need to have a passion and desire for testing and examining how things work internally, with a good understanding of Linux and other open source technologies.
Primary job responsibilities
- Design, enhance, and maintain the tool set involved with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- Debug and isolate product faults
- Lead the test efforts for Project Atomic
- Analyze source code and work with other developers to develop tests
- Implement test automation, automate daily tasks, and improve overall test coverage
- Coordinate testing activities with other quality engineering (QE) teams
- Debug any low-level kernel issue
- Escalate issues to stakeholders as needed
- Participate in open source projects and communities
- Contribute to upstream test projects and tools
- U.S. bachelor's degree, or a foreign equivalent in computer science or a related field; any combination of education or professional credentials that are equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree will be considered
- 5+ years of experience in the job offered, or in a related professional role
- 2+ years of experience with leading quality assurance (QA) projects, including providing test plans based on project requirements, running small teams as needed, and providing clear status reporting to program leadership; using Python and C programming language; performing open source software development or testing; administering, deploying, and provisioning Linux systems; working with Red Hat Gluster Storage offering or the upstream open source gluster project; and working with Red Hat Ceph Storage offering or the upstream open source ceph project
- Low-level general and storage-related kernel debugging skills
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.