The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing the continuous integration automation environment for testing OpenStack (cloud infrastructure software).
Primary job responsibilities
- Mentor Quality Engineering associates on automation procedures using the testing infrastructurethat supports OpenStack testing
- Develop analysis mechanisms within Elastic Search for a better analysis of the continuous integration environment health
- Assist and support the Red Hat OpenStack Quality Engineering team on their daily basis work to automate the tests of our product
- Save time and money by automating procedures for our organization through publishing the automation mechanism to Quality Engineering
- Create the standard for branching mechanism of our continuous integration environment as a product to the whole group
- Provide the continuous integration environment as a pluggable product, with strict rules for releasing under the continuous integration standard
- Lead sprints planning as a scrum master for 7 team members under adjusted agile process
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, or related and 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related role
- 3+ years of experience with: Python and shell scripting; OOP; Jenkins distributed nodes environment; virtualization layers and containers; DevOps engineering enterprise; Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, and Git; SCM's and reviewing tools, including Git, github, and gerrit
- 2+ years of experience with Groovy scripts; ELK Stack and log analysis; working as a Linux system administrator in an enterprise environment, CI/CD and the flows of data in the processes; and CI monitoring tools like Nagios and Prometheus
- 1+ year(s) of experience working in open source.
- Willigness to travel up to 5%; travel expenses will be reimbursed by Red Hat