The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join us in Boston, MA. In this role, you will make a difference in offerings used by millions of people around the world and help build Red Hat OpenShift, a system changing how development is done, which is built on container technologies and the Kubernetes cluster management system. You'll gain a deep understanding of a variety of popular technologies, including container technology, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, and Red Hat Middleware. You'll make sure that our solutions fulfill the highest possible enterprise quality, performance, usability, and supportability criteria. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will serve as the last instance before applications are released to the public. You'll create and carry out test plans, research new features, and develop automated tests. You'll need to have the ability to think creatively and adapt to rapid change, as well as the willingness to learn new things.
Primary job responsibilities
- Create and review test plans and suggest improvements for product planning processes
- Conduct new feature research and design test cases for Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage
- Develop new automated and manual tests; develop frameworks to ease test development and automation to speed up implementation
- Document and advocate the resolution of new bugs with developers and communicate the impact on customers to developers and support
- Make sure that our solutions are ready for release to public audiences
- Participate in and perform root cause analysis of issues to get a starting point to address problems
- Communicate with other globally distributed Red Hat OpenShift quality engineers and developers
- 4+ years of software quality engineering experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or a related engineering field, or relevant professional experience
- Ability to design and code complex test cases and code, or contribute code to, frameworks which simplify test development and automation solutions
- Ability to assist in and perform root cause analysis of issues and develop reproducers
- Ability to take responsibility for writing complex test plans for a feature and provide usable time estimations on completion; ability to identify potential risks connected to test development of assigned features and mitigate them
- Solid skills and background in Linux
- Knowledge of storage technologies like network file system (NFS), iSCSI, Red Hat Ceph Storage, GlusterFS, Amazon Web Services (AWS) EBS, Microsoft Azure Disk, etc.
- Experience with or the ability to learn Go quickly
- Experience with or the ability to learn container technologies, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift quickly
- Knowledge of Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine (GCE), VMware, or Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- Contributions to open source projects or publicly available code samples are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.