The Senior Quality Engineer provides technical expertise in test automation and system integration to build high-quality and high-performing applications for direct customer delivery. This engineer will be comfortable in test execution, defect management, reporting defect remediation, and environment configuration. As a member of the Certification Testing team this role is responsible for validating the product features and integrations, as well as customer-specific features.
- Design and develop functional, regression, integration, and end-to-end tests while expanding and improving the testing framework.
- Integrate, maintain, and execute automated tests in CI/CD environments to determine weaknesses in software product.
- Certify and validate the full solution capability and performance via automated and manual testing.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer to ensure quality from their perspective.
- Interface with customers on quality issues as needed.
- Mentor team members, including peer reviews of test cases and test plans. Driving best test practices.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably based on documented requirements.
- Participate as a member of the product team to provide design improvements feedback, performance considerations, customer feedback to the team in the agile development process.
- Report, track and determine priority of reported bugs promoting quality achievement and performance improvement.
- Participate in project meetings as assigned and daily scrums of project team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in QA automation
- Knowledge of C# or Java and their unit testing frameworks
- Experience creating or expanding automation frameworks and integrations
- Experience in creating and executing automated end-to-end tests, using tools such as Selenium, Appium, JUnit, NUnit, TestNG, Katalon Studio, TestComplete, PerfectoMobile or other automation frameworks
- Experience testing web GUI and APIs
- Experience making REST/SOAP API calls and parsing the JSON/XML format
- Experience integrating with CI/CD platforms and workflows (TeamCity / Jenkins)
- Experience with version controls and repositories (GIT / BitBucket, SVN, Mercurial)
- Experience with defect tracking systems (Jira, HPQC, TFS)
- Experience in testing multiple web browsers and multiple environments
- Strong knowledge of test processes and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Create and execute SQL queries
- Windows PowerShell or Bash knowledge
- Familiarity with mobile application testing
- Equally comfortable with both Windows and Linux
- Experience with AWS or Testing in a Cloud Environment
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework
Compensation & Benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and additional supplemental insurance
- Paid time off and personal days
- Paid holidays