(n/a)Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions. Purpose
- Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to manufacturing, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product to the customer. Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to product development teams, helping to ensure development of highest quality new products.
Management RequirementsJob Scope and Leveling Guidelines
- Reduces and controls Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints) by leading efforts/teams focused on identifying the primary root causes and implementing corrective and preventative actions. May be responsible for implementing product stops & documenting release criteria.
- Develops and implements product quality plans, documents and systems by creating product specifications, quality specifications, quality plans, risk analysis, FMEAs in conjunction with other product development team members. May be responsible for risk analyses and FMEAs.
- Develops and implements Process Monitoring Systems by identifying critical process steps which could culminate in possible sources of manufacturing defects and devising methods to reduce process variation in order to reduce/eliminate the cause of defects.
- Collects and analyzes Leads Manufacturing process defect data Product/Process improvement efforts (e.g. scrap, nonconforming product, customer complaints) by systematically gathering quality metric data and performing the appropriate analysis method(s) to enhance sustaining product design and new product development
- Creates Quality Tools & Training Materials by applying body of knowledge/expertise and communicating to respective teams.
- Evaluates the adequacy and compliance of systems, operations, and practices against regulation and company documentation. Could serve as auditor of areas of the BSC quality system, such as development and manufacturing, as assigned.
- Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
- Planning and Organization: Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
- Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making: Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Business Relationships and Project Management: Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. May interact with vendors. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects the ...
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Quality Engineer, Medical, Senior Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Quality, Healthcare