Under direction of the Director of Quality and Engineering, the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) will serve worldwide Municipal Firefighting, Military, and Industrial firefighting customers within the Life Safety market by ensuring our products have consistently reliable performance and manufacturability. The QAE will drive a culture of Quality throughout the Akron Brass Company by assisting in leadership to achieve safety, quality, and production goals. The QAE will be responsible for administration of key components of the Akron Brass Company ISO 9001:2015 Quality management System. This includes, but is not limited to root cause analysis, leading the internal audit program, development of standard work and capability studies, and assisting with preparing and leading internal quality training. The ideal candidate will have a successful career progression with demonstrated leadership ability.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate, deliver, and execute Internal Audit Plan to ensure compliance to the quality system and monitor non-conformance corrective actions.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver robust internal and external root cause problem solving techniques for customer complaints, corrective, permanent, and preventative actions.
- Collaborate with manufacturing departments in the development of standard work to ensure consistent quality.
- Create and pro-actively drive internal Quality training and awareness programs and initiatives for employees and department leaders.
- Understand and utilize statistical based software and quality tools for data analysis and problem solving.
- Assist with new product introduction into production to ensure controls and methods are established to ensure high quality
- Conduct capability studies, Gage R&R studies, and coordinate material testing. Secondary Responsibilities Include:
- Represent the Quality department in cross-functional teams and meetings, including Engineering and Manufacturing Process Change Boards and new product development tollgates.
- Create and maintain procedures, work instructions and forms needed to be compliant to ISO9001 requirements
- Maintain quality documents such as control plans, FMEA, flow diagrams, and work instructions
- Effectively produce reports & procedures as needed to optimize operations
Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in a quality engineering / quality systems role.
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) (ISO 9001:2015) preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) required. Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) a plus.
- Familiarity with quality tools and concepts: FMEA, Control Plans, 8D Methodology, PPAP, and Type Approval Requirements
- Experience applying root cause problem solving techniques with rigor (5Y, Shainin System, Is/Is not, Ishikawa, DOE)
- Experience with MiniTab (or equivalent SPC software).
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 GD&T standard. Ability to read blueprints with GD&T.
- Working knowledge of CMM, Romer, Faro arm technologies and programming a plus