The Quality Engineer’s (QE) main responsibilities include performance of tasks required to ensure effective implementation and continual improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS). Duties include implementation, monitoring of metrics and controls, Internal Auditing, Corrective and Preventative Action administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate meetings to determine root cause investigations and analysis.
- Reviews Reject / Non-conformance report data and prepares trend charts and histograms for use in discussing defect reduction approaches.
- Understand principles of complaint handling process, supports complaint investigations, and prepares complaint risk assessment if required.
- Monitor the performance of the CAPA (Corrective Action Preventative Action) system and follow up with suppliers with open actions and product/processes requiring re-verification.
- Support internal, customer, & third-party audits, and AS9100 registrar audits.
- Perform routine checks, tests, and instrument inspections of received materials, goods in-process, and finished goods.
- Active participation in defining inspection requirements, acceptance limits and inspection plans to ensure compliance with customer requirements
- Ensures use of approved suppliers for materials affective product and service quality. Works with Purchasing and Engineering, as needed, to approve and rate new potential vendors per quality system requirements.
- Ensure CAPA activities are effectively coordinated across all plants and supplier sites.
- Support the assessment of new suppliers by managing the approved supplier list.
- Proficient at using measurement instruments, such as micrometers and calipers, a plus
- Up to 5% domestic travel may be required.
- BS in pertinent engineering discipline or equivalent experience in quality systems.
- AS9100 Certified/Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- 5-10 years of Quality experience in the aerospace or automotive industry.
- Experience working with quality systems; e.g. AS9100, ISO9001,
- Knowledge of all the Quality tools (DOE, SPC, Pareto Charts, Cause & Effect Analysis, etc.) and the deployment of these tools in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of DMAIC, RCCA, FMEA, Preferred.
- Strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) - ANSI 14.5Y.
- Lean certifications (Example: Six Sigma) is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Must be a self-starter and requires minimal supervision
- Proficient in root cause analysis and formal problem solving techniques internally and externally.
Essential Physical Functions
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment.