Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Sr. Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting product development and manufacturing of electrical hybrid assemblies for implantable cardiac support systems or neuromodulation devices. The hybrids, support next assembly of products to include: pacemakers, defibrillators, cardiac monitors and neuromodulation devices. The Sr. Quality Engineer position focuses primarily on hardware quality, but also supports other aspects of product development.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining quality engineering methodologies in an electronic manufacturing environment and providing quality engineering support within new product development, manufacturing, or quality systems support.
• Identify and implement effective process control systems to support the development, qualification, and on-going manufacturing of products to meet or exceed internal and external requirements
• Lead, coach, and mentor non-exempt and entry level exempt personnel
• Assist in the development and execution of streamlined business systems which effectively identify and resolve quality issues
• Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues
• Design and conduct experiments for process optimization and/or improvement
• Appropriately document experiment plans and results, including protocol writing and reports
• Lead process control and monitoring of CTQ parameters and specifications
• Lead and implement various product and process improvement methodoligies (e.g., Statistical Analysis, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing)
• Lead the investigation, resolution and prevention of product and process nonconformances
• Participate in or lead teams in supporting quality disciplines, decisions, and practices (e.g., represent the Quality function as a Core Team Member)
• Lead in the completion and maintenance of risk analysis
• Work with design engineering in the completion of product verification and validation
• Work with various engineering teams to support production operations in a microelectronic manufacturing environment
• Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Bachelors Degree (± 16 years)
Electrical Engineering or Technical Field
Or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Minimum 5 years