Crestron is seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer with a strong electrical engineering background to join its Corporate Quality organization at our headquarters in Rockleigh NJ, 07647. This role focuses on fostering outstanding product quality during new product development and introduction. Key responsibilities include being a member of the design review team, within which you will identify and drive the resolution of quality concerns on new designs of feature packed commercial electronic devices. This position shall also support early production runs and participate in resolving quality and yield issues at the PCBA and final assembly level.
The successful candidate will have an extremely strong understanding of electronic circuits and technology, especially: HDMI, USB, Ethernet, Serial (RS232 and 485), RF, power supplies, microprocessors/digitalcircuits, control systems, audio and analog, lighting/dimming, displays, touch sensors, IR, and so on. He or she will be familiar with PCB and final assembly build and test processes, especially as they relate to quality and reliability concerns in the above technologies. Moreover, the ideal applicant will possess the experience and leadership necessary to guide cross-functional teams in the successful resolution of difficult quality issues.
- Lead test validation processes.
- Evaluate new designs of feature packed commercial grade electronic devices to uncover quality and reliability concerns
- Be a vocal advocate for quality and reliability during design review process.
- Maintain master FMEA log of design related quality issues for products in development.
- Provide project management for items on the FMEA log and hold regular meetings to review progress on resolving issues.
- Keep a master FMEA log for pilot run and early production issues and manage it, similar to above.
- Review new PCBA designs and fabrication processes for potential quality and reliability issues.
- Approve all high level assembly [HLA] and PCBA test plans.
- Review and approve HLA and PCB test systems before deployment.
- Monitor NPI production yields, uncover failure mode trends, and drive corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to NPI production team in all matters concerning quality.
- Other duties as required
- BSEE or equivalent engineeringdegree
- 10 Years’ experience in a rigorous engineering role effecting change and improvement
- Strong understanding of electronic circuits and of the quality, reliability and test issues related to such
- Knowledge of PCB assembly, general PCB quality concerns and PCB test
- General knowledge of final assembly processes and high level assembly test.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication is essential
- Must work well with multiple diverse teams at various levels within the company
- Travel up to 10%
Job ID 2017-5041