Brad Foote Gearing, a Broadwind company, is searching for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer to join our team in Cicero, IL. This is a great opportunity to bring gearing / machining experience to help us grow!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Responsible for assisting the daily activities in final inspection and ensuring the established quality control procedures are followed
• Lead problem-solving teams, determine root cause(s) for defects; Interface w/ manufacturing & technicians to implement corrective actions to resolve quality issues
• Perform internal & external audits and provide support for customer audits
• Assist in developing & maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) procedures & work instructions in compliance with ISO 9001
• Review all inspection records for compliance & be the responsible authority for the release of customer products after final inspection
• Interface with all levels of employees regarding quality requirements and issues
• Deal with designated customer contacts regarding quality issues and ensure a high level of customer service
• Participate in and lead Material Review Board (MRB) activities
• Maintain the Gage Calibration system for the company
• Analyze quality data to evaluate the effectiveness of current processes or proposed changes
• Complete first article, PPAP and PSW documentation and submit for customer approval.
• All other duties as assigned by reporting manager
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical or manufacturing preferred) or equivalent direct work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of Quality or Manufacturing Engineering experience required; a suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered
• Strong hands-on and logical problem solving skills
• Work independently with the ability to adjust work priorities as required by business conditions with little or no direction
• Ability to read and interpret manufacturing blue prints and a basic understanding of GD&T
• Ability to read and comprehend documents including technical information
Brad Foote Gear Works, Inc. subsidiary engineers, builds, and repairs precision gears and gearboxes for wind, oil and gas, mining, steel, infrastructure, defense, and other industrial applications. With gearing experience and ingenuity dating back to 1916, and unique expertise in tight-tolerance gearing, we have produced over 4,500 MW of wind gearing and are focused on the manufacture and repair of standard and custom engineered gearing systems and gearboxes. We have in-house heat treat capabilities and expertise in enclosed drives and loose gearing, offering high-quality gearing solutions from our facilities in Cicero, IL, Pittsburgh, PA, and Sanford, NC.