The Louisville, Kentucky facility of BAE Systems is seeking Senior Quality Engineers to support the various programs at the site through the full manufacturing lifecycle of converting parts and materials into partially or finished products. The senior level Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible and accountable working under the direction and guidance of the Quality Engineering Manager, adhering to the safety culture in alignment with the site and BAE Systems Combat Mission System's (CMS) strategy to ensure everyone goes home the same way they came to work. The QE is a subject matter expert (SME) related to understanding all required OQE and QAPs for their assigned program(s) and the "who, what, and when" it is to be completed, reviewed and presented to the customer, the status of all CARs and NCs, PFMEAs, CAPs, KPIs, and any other QE linked program requirement. As required, the QE will design and implement quality assurance and quality control methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. The QE will analyze the effectiveness of the methods and procedures and improve as needed. As the SME, the QE will support manufacturing as an internal customer and act as a liaison between the site and its customers during the quality sell off process, as required by contract. In addition to being an ambassador for quality, the QE will work with the QE Manager and all other required stakeholders utilizing quality methodologies and tools to continually improve all aspects of the QMS to align it with meeting customer requirements and driving down cost of poor quality (COPQ).Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelors in a related discipline (i.e. Quality, Engineering, Management) and four (4) years of related experience; or an Associates in a related discipline and six (6) years of related experience; or a high school diploma and eight (8) years of related experience; or the overall equivalent;
- Expert in quality fundamentals.
- Experience working in an ISO 2001:2015 or like certified/QMS managed organization.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentations) with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to support in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Computer proficiency to include MS Office Suite and other industry-related / BAE Systems software.
- Experience tracking critical quality information within a database.
- Ability to review and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications, standards, policies, procedures and work instructions in order to understand, convey, and monitor quality requirements.
- Ability to conduct quality analytics in order to report quality status.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- Bachelors in an Engineering discipline with four (4) years related experience is preferred;
- Experience working in a DoD manufacturing environment helpful.
- Experience working in an AS9100 certified organization.
- Experience documenting critical quality information within TipQA database.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.