Senior Quality Engineer - Atlanta
5 - 7 years experience • Diversified Industrial
Senior Quality Engineer – Atlanta
Major North American injection molded products manufacturer is looking for a talented and dedicated Quality Engineer to join the team. You will provide Engineering support to the production and project engineering teams regarding quality issues, measurement data and measurement techniques, statistical methods and analysis, and regulatory issues. Manage the quality and regulatory aspects of mold and assembly qualification from initial customer contact, through project development, to ongoing manufacturing support. The position is largely self-directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to project development teams regarding quality issues, measurement data and measurement techniques, statistical methods and analysis, and regulatory issues.
- Review and interpret customer blueprints and specifications for manufacturing feasibility and measurement capability.
- Communicate with customers to understand and define their quality requirements. Negotiate requirements when appropriate.
- Use designed experiments and FMEA techniques to identify robust processes and to improve existing ones. Obtain, verify, analyze, and present necessary measurement data to evaluate conformance to specification and to prove process capability.
- Includes oversight of measurement service providers to assure accuracy and correct interpretation. Conduct statistical studies of process capability and process control, and provide recommendations to product and process engineers on how to achieve capability.
- Create and maintain molding and assembly Quality Plans for new and acquisition projects; including specifying process-control and inspection criteria, and selecting measurement techniques.
- Identify the need for custom gages and gage systems, obtain and qualify them, and when required, manage their design and construction.
- For automotive applications, assure that the mold and process approval process conforms with AIAG requirements including generation of a PPAP package and compliance with TS16949.
- May be called upon to assist, train, or direct the project efforts of less experienced team members.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in an engineering or applied science discipline preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the Quality Engineering/Assurance field with at least 2 years’ experience in the production or manufacturing quality field.
- IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or automotive quality systems experience.
- Internal auditing of quality and/or environmental systems
- Must now be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
ASQ certification preferred.