Senior Quality Assurance, Web and Mobile Engineer
SBM Management Services or SBM is one of the largest custodial and light building maintenance companies in the United States as well as having an extensive international presence. SBM has a solid 35-year track record of strong business growth and is continuing its rapid pace of expansion. The company has over 8,000 employees deployed at more than 900 client sites. Our domestic and international customers are fortune 100 companies in the bio tech, pharmaceutical and high-tech industries. The company is an established leader at introducing custom industry specific technology for PCs, tablets and smart phones to empower its employees, organize its teams, perform / track work, measure quality and provide a comprehensive view of costs and efficiencie\
The InSite software division is a separate SBM business entity that is chartered with the design, development and support of the company’s technology used by its massive work force and independent clients. We are building the next generation service provider platform targeting facilities management. Our platform gives service providers the tools necessary to deliver world class services, with empowered associates on top of standardized processes. The InSite team is tasked with developing cutting edge web and mobile applications that differentiate SBM from its competitors. We value our work force as much as we do our customers which is why we have made this large investment in technology.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be accountable for the overall quality of the InSite web application and the InSite Androidmobile application. The InSite web application is our primary interface for accessing our system for PC, tablet and mobile web application. The web application is a complex tool that is the basis for how SBM empowers its’ workforce and manage our customers. The web application consists of 9 primary modules that allows us to manage such things as contract setup, on-line learning / knowledge center, financials and safety to name a few. The InSite mobile application supports the hourly workforce by taking much of the functionality of our web application and presenting it in a native Java application for Android phones. The web application suite allows in-depth, complex analysis for senior and executive management so they can effectively run the company. As a Quality Engineer, your responsible for the quality of our products as well as the technology and architecture to support that goal. This includes creation and management of test data sets to validate core and edge scenarios through manual and automated testing across several different environments. The quality engineers need to work with product management and engineering teams during the software development cycle to ensure thoughtful planning and test execution to facilitate a smooth and timely hand off to production.
The right candidate will be passionate about designing and implementing tests to authenticate that our applications are able to improve the work experience for our hourly work force and their management team as well as make it more effective to serve our customers. As with any great company, its people are its greatest assets. We seek to work with talented, driven teammates who don’t display “brilliant jerk” qualities. We have a great team, a great product and lots of customers. The questions are; Are you this type of person? Do you want to work with colleagues that amaze you and you can learn from? Do you want to make a difference in other people’s lives with the use of technology?
- The current testing methodology mainly depends on on manual and ad hoc testing. Our goal is to implement automated testing of our web application, mobile application and APIs. The right person for this job will be excited and engaged to perform manual testing and contribute to developing the strategy to automate our testing.
- Create and publish test reports detailing activities in each test cycle such as devices tested and outstanding defects. Define and track on going quality assurance metrics such as defect counts, test results for historical trending.
- Help developers create automated unit tests and hold them accountable for delivering code with a unit test plan and results.
- Be an integral part of the development cycle and participate in sprint planning. The successful candidate needs to collaborate with design, development, and dev ops. It is critical test engineers be an active part of the design phase to understand what is being created and the associated testing needs. This allows them to develop test plans to ensure deliverables match expectations.
- Understand tools and technologies relevant to Android development such as Android Studio and, Android emulator(s) and Android SDKs.
- Experience with testing applications written in languages we use such as AngularJS (our front end is in 2.0), C#, Node.js, HTML, CSS, Java and Python.
- Proficient in understanding database schemas and query tools. Ability to write ad-hoc SQL queries to validate data.
- Solid Unix / Linux skills.
- Experience with API tools such as Swagger and Postman.
- Proficiency in source revisions tools like Bitbucket and GitHub.
- Some knowledge of wireless networks and technologies such as CDMA (Sprint, Verizon), GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile), 3G/4G LTE is a plus
- Experience with one or more testing tools (like) Selenium, Appium, JMeter, Load Runner, Jasmine and Protractor is a plus.
- Must be able to handle working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of Android setup and configuration.
- Be driven to have a deep understanding of what you and your teammates are working on, why it is important and how your software technology accomplishes business goals.
- Superior communication skills. Whether it’s written, verbal, formal presentation or informal hallway talks, the successful candidate will be a superstar. Concise, honest and accurate techniques are a must.
- You must have the courage to give your team, peers and managers constructive feedback. Feedback given correctly and received correctly is a gift.
- Be a great problem solver. The right candidate must be constantly looking for issues and solving them effectively. Issues can range from people to tech to business. If you don’t enjoy problem solving, this is not the right job for you.
- Be a fast learner. You thrive on applying your knowledge, learning new technologies and methodologies, and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- Be able to adapt to meet the rapid pace of an evolving environment.
- Work with product management, design and quality assurance as your partners.
- Embrace change.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT technologies or relevant fieldwork experience and training.
- 3+ years of quality assurance experience for web applications.
- 2+ years of quality assurance experience for Android applications.
- 2+ years with a products SDLC.
- Experience testing large scale systems.
- Experience being successful in a startup environment is a big plus.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional groups to accomplish goals.
- Be a mature full formed adult in your interactions with people. Conduct yourself with respect for others but drive results.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $120,000 DOE per year
Job Type: Full-time