Are you a curious thinker with innovative ideas and a passion for delivering market-leading digital customer experiences? Make your mark by helping us reimagine how we interact with our customers and create the experiences that matter to them. We’re building a team of passionate people, working collaboratively, to reimagine banking for the digital age.
Why now and why BMO?
We believe our customers’ lives are changing – and we need to change with them. From day-to-day life to the moments that matter, our customers are increasingly defining success in different ways and we need to be there to help. This means meeting our customers where and how they expect to bank.
At BMO, we believe we must respond to our customers by becoming a customer experience-led, digitally-enabled bank. Driven by a deep understanding of our customers and willingness to constantly challenge the status quo, we believe we can meet the challenge before us.
We are building experience teams, combining people with different skills and knowledge, to accelerate our customer experience. These teams will embrace the latest methods, tools, and technologies to drive innovation and change. Self-managed and cross-functional, these teams will be empowered and have the resources and authority to drive a customer-led digital transformation.
In order to be successful in the role of Senior Mobile Quality Assurance Specialist, you will need to have extensive experience in:
- Conducting and overseeing Quality Assurance activities
- Managing the triage and prioritization of testing
- Communicating metrics
- Communicating successfully up and down the ladder in an Agile, matrix environment
- Thinking on your feet, exhibiting nimbleness and agility
- Have experience in Mobile or we-based solutions
- Have experience with Appium, Selenium or similar tools
- Be a senior team member, leading/ shepherding Mobile Banking QA team activities
- Be hands-on as well as providing leadership to peers
Here’s what’s different:
We are looking for people who can:
- Who can communicate and are flexible, and who have Agile experience, Automation tools, and perhaps financial tools, such as ALM, JIRA and DevOps
- Who can think and challenge and are not afraid of raising their hand when something doesn’t make sense
- Who question “How can I make this problem disappear?” rather than say, “I can’t make the problem disappear”
- Who are interested in working in a ‘fin-tech’-like environment and are ready for fast-paced, leading edge development and quality assurance practices
As a Senior Mobile Quality Assurance Specialist, here’s what you will do:
- Manage and lead the development and implementation of complete test strategies in either Agile or Waterfall models.
- Provide guidance on reviewing, evaluating, and driving requirements for testability to ensure review processes are adhered to.
- Design and support the implementation of best-in-class testing strategies for complex solutions, across multiple platforms.
- Design and support automation frameworks and scripts during all phases of testing for both agile and non-agile phases of projects.
- Lead or provide guidance on setting up, configuring, and deploying test setups, fixtures, and instrumentation as required by the test plans and or test standards.
- Lead and provide guidance on executing/verifying test cases as part of the overall functional testing of IT products and report defects and test results to relevant stakeholders.
- Perform analysis of test results and prepare comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluationreports to verify and validate system performance.
- Create discrepancy reports and perform integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems.
- Ensure that systems and software are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Understand complex systems designs and interfaces and able to conceptualize and create test scenarios for the solution.
- Oversee several complex test projects across solutions and platforms simultaneously and provide scheduling support to operations.
What makes you a great fit?
- A university degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience using testing process within Application Development Life Cycle (Waterfall, Agile, RUP) and Defect Life Cycle
- Minimum 5 years of extensive experience as Quality Assurance (QA) professional with large mobile or web-based, service-oriented enterprise systems and client/server applications
- Knowledge of SDLC, quality assurance testing concepts, methodologies, metrics, automated testing frameworks, and documentation standards
- Results-oriented with a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility
- Strong proficiency in system testing including black box, functional, end-to-end, regression, manual and automation testing
- Problem solving skills including the ability to troubleshoot and identify problem areas throughout testing
- Ability to collaborate well with others in a team-oriented, agile environment and translate technical concepts into easy to understand terms, both written and verbal
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people.
We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.