About the Senior QA Engineer role:
While this is a ‘senior’ role with expectations of being the subject matter expert on your team, please note that this is not currently a leadership role and will report into our QA Manager.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will maximize the value and effectiveness of our software teams by bringing modern, innovative testing techniques and tools to our solutions. You will need to be a dedicated, experienced engineering professional who embraces collaborative, agile testing processes and focuses on enabling whole-team ownership of quality.
This is an individual contributor role that requires working with project leaders and other contributors to define test automation strategy and drive implementation on high-profile projects. To be successful, you should be fluent in evaluating the latest tools and automation frameworks and extending them appropriately. You should be able to collaborate well, communicate effectively, and have a robust software quality assurance background to succeed in this role.
What You'll Do
- Perform all aspects of automated back-end testing to ensure optimal performance of Scorpion’s software.
- Perform manual testing.
- Develop a detailed testing approach and plans for specific test areas or overall plans for small to medium size projects.
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end) on a variety of platforms from mobile to web to portal frameworks.
- Produce status reports and quality metrics.
- Facilitate defect triage and manage the overall defect resolution process / determine the severity of defects and prioritize accordingly.
- Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage.
- Assist the project team in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria.
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years of experience in the Software QE (or related) field, with at least 2 years of experience building and maintaining test automation frameworks and scripts.
- Must have experience in all phases of the software and testing life cycle, inception through deployment.
- Strong functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution.
- Experience in mobile, web, and API testing.
- Knowledgeable of Cypress, specifically web and API is highly desirable.
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with C# and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber and Gherkin is a plus but not required.
- Azure DevOps test suites experience is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to tell the Recruiter a great joke.
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Software Testing Life Cycle
- Test Automation
- Test Management Tools