We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
Testing, testing, 1-2-3! The Honest Company is currently seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer for our team. In this role you’ll collaborate with the product and development teams to define and execute testing initiatives across our current and future platforms. You’ll also be responsible for guiding our remote test team in the creation and execution of functional and automated tests, defect creation and tracking, and reporting. Interested in working with tech to help make our world better, safer, and more delightful? Join us!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to solve complex problems, including test and validation strategies
- Assist QA Manager in building and “overseeing” a small remote team of functional and automation QA engineers
- Define test plans that reflect the scope of testing necessary to deliver high quality products
- Execute and manage test cases and results; report test, defect and other quality-related metrics to stakeholders
- Identify improvements in the test and development processes; work with the QA Manager to build the necessary automated tools and process changes to address needs
- Be a group expert for specific features, components or technologies and share your expertise with others
- Maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving work space
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Organized. You’re meticulous, strategic, and you enjoy making processes more efficient
- A dynamite problem solver and project manager. You’re always thinking (at least) one step ahead
- Articulate and approachable. You can clearly explain technical concepts to colleagues throughout the organization.
- A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- Dedicated and fast-moving. You’re known to operate with passion, urgency, and discipline
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of full time, hands-on QA experience (including 2+ yrs Automation)
- Substantial experience with web frontend/backend testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
- Demonstrated leadership within QA Projects, including onshore and offshore teams.
- API’s, and back-end systems, are a huge plus as is security testing
- Working understanding of SQL, Unix commands and utilities for troubleshooting issues
- Ability to write detailed test cases, logically structured test plans, and clear bug reports
- Working knowledge of node.js (bonus)