The Emerging Technology team focuses on bringing new platforms and experiences to market. In the past year this has included both our Alexa skill and Facebook Messenger chatbot, which supports complex conversational commerce flows like trading and deposits. We are growing the team to expand our work on conversational commerce and other forthcoming projects like augmented reality and education.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure adequate testing of development code prior to release to production. The Senior QA Engineer will work with the Software Development Manager, Product Owner and other team members to enable testing that is both thorough and nimble. The Senior QA Engineer will mentor other QA Engineers as they onboard and grow in their roles.
The focus of the Senior QA Engineer will be to build technical expertise in our applications. The ability to build technical relationships with Application Development staff is a strong requirement for this position.
The Senior QA engineer should focus on automation and process efficiency and work products produced (test plans, test cases, etc) must be of the quality that they can be used as examples for QA Engineers.
- Lead the creation of test plans – including technical and business requirements
- Identify risks and prepare mitigation plans
- Assist QA and Release Leads in preparing implementation timelines
- Develop test data strategy
- Assist QA Leads in determining appropriate test environments
- Create test cases according to standards – manual and automated
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
- Update Quality Center according to standard
- Engage application development in defect resolution
- Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
- Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools
- Become technically competent in all technologies used by Application Development organizations
- Offer technical guidance to QA Engineers
- Play leadership role during test plan and test case reviews, providing direct feedback to Quality Engineers
- Provide guidance around automation strategies, working with the QA Architect and App/Dev
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experiencerequired
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience (academic or direct experience) in the technology field
- Demonstrates a solid understanding product lifecycles as well as how technical systems work and interact
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills
- Must be very detail oriented
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates
- Must be able to act as a subject matter expert role for various projects and initiatives
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing small-to-medium sized projects
- Financial services experience strongly preferred
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Superior client service skills
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.