Sargent & Lundy is a worldwide leader in professional services for the electric power industry. Our distinctive capabilities provide domestic and international clients and partners with a thoroughly reliable source of comprehensive expertise. Sargent & Lundy offers challenge, flexibility, competitive salaries and benefits.
We are currently seeking a full-time QA Engineer to work a contract project on nuclear fusion in a client’s facility near Knoxville, TN. The scope of the position includes Quality Assurance oversight of suppliers at various manufacturing facilities as well as at the facilities of contracted design services providers. This oversightincludes auditing, surveillance; witnessing of manufacturing processes such as welding, leak testing, fabrication; and review of the supplier`s product related documentation prior to acceptance.
Qualifications for this position include:
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline. Equivalent experience will be considered
- 25+ years of relevant experience such as working at an operating nuclear power plants, DOE projects and/or state of the art international projects
- Previous experience as a a certified ASME NQA-1lead Auditor
- In-depth knowledge of the DOE’s Suspect/Counterfeit Prevention Program
- Training and/or certificates in welding inspection, NDE, in-service inspection and quality management is a plus
- US permanent residency required
Sargent & Lundy offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law.
Job ID 2017-1831