The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for a variety of projects. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of contributing to quality (prevention) and test (detection) activities. The successful candidate brings knowledge of software QA methodologies, practices and processes as well as a strong desire to advance their knowledge and experience in these areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test new software features to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Log and track issues and provide feedback to developers and business analysts.
- Creates daily reports on sprint testing progress; contributes to project quality and test metrics.
- Performs regression testing during each iteration to confirm the health and stability of the system.
- Assists in developing automated regression tests.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Provide mentorship and leadership for key test initiatives. e.g Test Automation
- Provide mentorship of other team members on QA processes, systems, and tools.
- Assists in the definition and implementation of quality standards, processes and quality improvement programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 5+ years experience in a Quality Assurance role, preferably in a software product environment.
- Demonstrated experience in defining and executing test cases for business systems. development, integration and implementation projects.
- Demonstrated experience working in iterative development environments.
- Ability to formulate test plans, execute test plans and communicate the results to a technical audience.
- Ability to understand end user issues and quickly determine steps to reproduce an issue.
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused, sensitive to customer needs, their critical business cycles and schedules.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with other organizations and influence people outside of an authority relationship.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, results-based environment.
- Ability to work at a detailed level and quickly learn business application-specific details.
- Ability to provide structure and progress in an environment that supports change.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Jira, Jenkins, TeamCity.
- Experience testing SaaS applications.