The Senior Quality Engineer is accountable for providing Quality Assurance and Automation services to the Bank (BMO Insurance). The Senior QE is expected to be strong technically with extensive Quality Assurance and automation experience/background and strong work ethic to ensures the quality of the products that technology delivers, working closely with all Developers and infrastructure teams. The selected individual shall:
- Manage and lead the development and implementation of test strategies.
- Lead the creation of test scenario, requirement traceability matrix and review/approval of artifacts from various relevant stakeholders
- Manage the execution of overall functional testing as well as reporting defects and test results to the stakeholders.
- Own and promote the QA standards and practices across the department.
- Contribute in creating Automated solutions for various repeatable tests including the re-usability, and maintainability of the test scripts.
- Manage the execution of automated tests and manage the resulting defect logs through the point of defect fix validation
- Develop and continuously improve automated tests as new system features and enhancements are developed
- Create build test suites (DevOps practices) to ensure that code drops to quality assurance are of the highest quality.
- Typically, 10+ years of work experience in IT and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering or information systems.
- Expert knowledge of the SDLC, testing concepts, methodologies, metrics, API automated testing frameworks.
- Strong Knowledge & Experience on ALM, JIRA tool
- Experience in building API automation framework Web Services testing (using SOAP, Postman or Ready API) and/or test automation using Selenium Web Driver (TestNg, Maven) and UFT.
- Proficiency in setting up, maintenance and continuous build integration of automated testing into a CI/CD framework (Bitbucket/Jenkins).
- Hands on knowledge of Perfecto automation and Accessibility (AODA) automation is a big plus.
We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.