Small business makes the world go 'round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
You'll check that the solutions that developers provide come in a workable and usable format for the user. Perform analysis and user experience evaluations during the design phase. Develop manual test cases and test plans for specified development feature releases. Execute test plans as per the agreed schedule and process including issue logging, tracking and re-testing. Perform risk evaluation and provide summaries to the team.
What you'll do
- Review and provide input during initial preparation of functional specifications and interaction design for new or improved features, as part of the Xero invoice payment and billing services team
- Prepare test cases and associated test plans from final functional specifications and interaction designs for application quality assurance testing of software deliverables
- Execute test plans, including the logging and detailing of issues identified, through the agreed process on the JIRA issue tracking system
- Monitor and review bug fixes and track issues through development, re-testing and closure
- Communicate risk evaluation for release of projects with known bugs.
- Maintain a broad understanding of full application scope and features, whilst also developing deeper specialization in agreed functional areas
- Assist in the design and utilization of automated testing tools, including designing unit tests and scripted regression testing utilities
What you'll bring with you
- 3+ years' experience as a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst with emphasis on business analysis and user experience focused testing
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Strong analysis and quality facilitation skills
- Experience writing user acceptance tests
- Experience with accounting software solutions is ideal but not essential
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table
- A passion for all things web
- A willingness to go the extra mile.